Monday, April 14, 2008

Plane tickets have been purchased.

We bought 3 tickets (D, M, and Janice) on the Icelandic Air flight F1630 from Boston to Kefvlavik on November 5th at 8:35pm arriving at 6:40am on the 6th. Returning on November 9th F1631 at 5:00pm (more Blue Lagoon time on Sunday).

One thing to note is that you need your passport to buy the plane tickets. So, if you don't have a passport as of yet, be sure to apply soon. We've provided a link to help you get started.

Also we booked the hotel as well. An email sent to welcome@northernlightinn.is with dates and room (double/single) requested and credit card info to hold the room is enough. And their English is very good so don't worry about translating the email.

Keep us posted with your plans/decisions as you make them.

8 comments:

bryan999 said...

This seems too important NOT to miss....

What did you kids pay for your plane tickets?

bryan999 said...

79 ISK = 1 USD (right now)

Vlindinhauer said...

It was about $500 each. My father also bought tickets around that price as well. he said his were $525.

M

bryan999 said...

Approx. $525 each way, correct?

Vlindinhauer said...

No, $500 round trip. Are you finding it more expensive than that?

Marisa

bryan999 said...

Wow, that's cheap... I haven't even looked yet... I just wanted a ballpark as I plan this out.

I may combine this trip with ANOTHER trip to A-dam.

bryan999 said...

What time on the first day will you be heading to the Blue Lagoon? If I do this pre-trip to Amsterdam, Iceland Air will get me to Keflavik Intl at 3:30pm. Will that be too late (or too dark) to enjoy the Blue Lagoon in all its beauty and glory?

I just want to be a team player here...

Marisa Wallace said...

I don't know exactly when we'd be going to the Blue Lagoon on the first day. I figure we'd probably get in around 7:00am and sleep a bit. So, in the afternoon sometime. Perhaps for lunch and then lagoon time.

Marisa