Friday, April 4, 2008

Saturday Excursions

I'm hoping to book some kind of private bus tour with this group. http://www.re.is/ It looks like we've got a few choices. I'd like to know what appeals most to people.

Derek likes the looks of the Saga Circle Tour http://www.re.is/SagaCircle/. He enjoys the Icelandic Sagas. I must admit it looks like the most fun to me, but is, of course, the most expensive.

Another option is a day tour of Reykjavik http://www.re.is/home/daytours/detail/store1/item62487/. Much less expensive, but perhaps a little less of an adventure.

And there is always a nature tour, http://www.re.is/golden-circle/.

I also thought about hiring a bus to take us to Reykjavik for dinner on Saturday night. So, we'd have a 'free day' at the Blue Lagoon or in Grindavik and then take the bus to Reykjavik for dinner.

I've created a poll for you all to pick your top choice. Then I'll approach the bus tour people and see what I can organize.

4 comments:

bryan999 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bryan999 said...

I'm down with the Saga tour, too... BUT I want to drink in/see Reykjavik. Would it be impossible do both on that last day? Maybe the Saga Tour during the day and Reykjavik at night?

bryan999 said...

And sorry about the trashed comment... I did that.

Marisa Wallace said...

The only difficulty with Saga during the day and Reykjavik at night is that Reyk. is a bit far away. And doing it all might get too expensive for some people. But let's just see what happens. We've got to look at the numbers.

Marisa