We're about 11 weeks away from the next Birthday Expedition. So, I'll start posting more often.
Today's post will be about some Icelandic Pop Artists Derek and I have come to know and like.
Lay Low - Lay Low is a pleasant singer who incoroporates blues, country, and jazz. Easy to listen to without being easy listening. Her most recent album, "Farewell Good Night's Sleep," contains several tracks that have been used in Now Today Society films about Iceland vacations.
Páll Óskar - Páll Óskar is a singer and DJ who came to international attention through the Eurovision Song Contest. We saw the video for "Sama hvar þú ert" when we were in Iceland and enjoyed the driving beat. I also appreciate the quality of directness in his voice. He doesn't use back-up singers and electronics to improve/hide his vocals.
Also, he regularly DJs around Reykjavik and we are going to check his schedule to see if he's performing in September when we'll be there.
So, enjoy some of the current popular music from Iceland.
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment