I've been a bit busy so there hasn't been a post in a few days.
Two Sunday's ago, we purchased our tickets. It was slightly more complex because of the multi-day, multi-city effect. This also made the cost a bit more. But since we're doing twice what we usually do, the higher cost does make sense.
On Facebook, I joined the Blue Lagoon Iceland Fan Page.
D and I are wondering how soon we will get comp'ed by the Tourism Board of Iceland for all the promotions we've done. We've inspired so many people to visit Iceland and the inspirations keep coming.
We want to become paid Iceland Promotors. We could easily sit around the Blue Lagoon, or other key tourist spots in Iceland, and casually tell tourists about activities/products that we are paid to sponsor.
For example, we could say, "You know what would taste good right now? An ice cold Viking Beer."
Or we could say, "I really wish I could go to the Nordic Store right now and purchase one of their lovely and authentic woolen sweaters. I read somewhere that they are handmade. You can't find quality like that just anywhere. I hear you can get a sweater at the Blue Lagoon gift shop or at one of the Nordic Store Shops in downtown Reykjavik."
Or, "Nothing beats the fine dining at the Northern Light Inn. Such unctiously tender lamb. Such succulent fish. And they have delicious selections for vegetarians as well."
Or, "When I go to Reykavik, I make sure to visit, Bæjarins Beztu Pylsur. You can't beat those Lamb Dogs!"
Or we're in a crowd and we pretend we don't know each other.
Marisa says, "You know what would be great right now? A nice trip to a derelict whale processing plant. How could one see something like that?"
Derek says, "I think you could go on a Saga Tour with Reykjavik Excursions. They'll take you across the entire Reykjannes Penninsula to find such sights as a derelict whale processing plant, a Ph.D program museum, and an isolated waterfall."
Marisa says, "Wow. That's such good information. Thank you Complete Stranger. I'll call them today."
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I - a third meddling stranger - could say "I get no satisfaction from American horses" -- you take it from there!
Well, I personally enjoy the compact size and mellow personality of the Icelandic Horse. I think there's a great spot in Grindavik where you can ride.
Thanks stranger. I really enjoy shark in a shot glass after a good ride. Know of a place?
Actually, I'm not sure I can truly recommend that.
Post a Comment