Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Things to Do - YORK!

I don't want to fill up too many early posts with activity ideas. We've got months of planning and blogging ahead.

But there is at least one thing I know we'll want to do in York.

Jorvik Viking Centre

Its kind of like the Saga Tour we did all those years ago. However, I can pretty much guarantee more fun rides and far fewer derelict whale processing plants. At the end of the day, you won't feel as if you've just completed 2 credit hours towards your Ph.D in Icelandic History.

It seems to embody the phrase "infotainment".

And be sure, if you go to their website, to play the animation on the first page. Fun.

3 comments:

bryan999 said...

York looks really excellent!!

A medieval, walled city.

Featuring.... The Shambles:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shambles

Marisa Wallace said...

Also in Edinburgh there is something called St. Mary King's Close which I will blog about another time, but looks very cool.

There is so much to see and do.

Janice said...

OCTOBER!!!!!!