Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I went ahead and purchased some train tickets

Based on Josh's inquiry, I did go ahead and purchased some key train tickets.

I did not purchase our London to York tickets because I'm thinking about possible flight delays/issues.

I did purchase York to Edinburgh. Here are the details if anyone wants to try to purchase tickets on the same train and coach.

18 Oct 2011 departs York at 11:35 travel by Train to station Edinburgh arrives 14:18 (seats reserved: Coach: M Seats: 43A, 45A, 46A )

And then Edinburgh to London.

21 Oct 2011 departs Edinburgh at 12:00 travel by Train to station London Kings Cross arrives 16:46 (seats reserved: Coach: C Seats: 32A, 33A, 34A )

When buying tickets, avoid using a Visa card. I tried 2 different ones a couple of times each and both were rejected. I even called Chase bank to check to see if it was because I was making an international purchase, but they said they didn't even see it come through on their end. I ended up using my Amex.

5 comments:

kate said...

Good call buying train tickets early, especially Edinburgh to London. Tickets tend to get more expensive by the hour and that particular journey can be busy. Nothing worse than having to stand the whole journey from Edinburgh to London.

bryan999 said...

Yeah, I think it's a good move. I'll be buying ours this evening. British Rail?

ps. Hi Kate!

Marisa Wallace said...

You'll be able to pick your seats/coach so check out where we are and see if you can buy seats near us. Unless you're tired of us.

bryan999 said...

Yes, we finally got our train tickets!

And it looks like we'll all be in the SAME train from York to Edinburgh and then from Edinburgh to London (trains GR542000 & GR640700 respectively) !

I wasn't able to pick any seats thru the British Rail website... BUT my VISA went right thru. So we are: Coach M, seats 19A, 20A on the 11:35 York to Edinburgh ... and it just says "seat" for our Edinburgh to London tickets.

Oh well, I'm sure we can all meet up on the booze car.

Janice said...

nice