Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Email Chain from Sarah about Train Tickets - Presented in Reverse Chronological Order

ok.

(^_^)b Thumbs up.

S x


On 15 September 2011 13:28, Marisa Wallace wrote:

I think I'll buy the tickets once I arrive. I'm just too concerned with flight issues, delays, traffic and such. So, I'll take the financial hit.

So, see you soon!

M

From: Sarah Colwell
To: Marisa Wallace
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:11 AM
Subject: Re: Looking for an opinion



Howdy!

Advance train tickets can be substantially cheaper. I think they usually go on sale around 7 weeks ahead. Have you looked at:

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/

you can't buy tickets through this site, but it is useful for times and any advance prices. If you do decide to buy ahead of time, you could do it through:

http://www.thetrainline.com/buytickets/?href=ppcg_trainline&WT.srch=1&WT.mc_ev=click&adpos=1t1&gclid=CJ22_vqbn6sCFQcNtAodcxDniQ

Would only use this for the advance fares though. If you are going to pay full wack, you may as well buy them over the counter at the station - sometimes you get lucky and there are a few advanced price tickets left, which they are generally pretty good at finding for you.

Hope this helps.

Best

Sarah xx

On 15 September 2011 02:18, Marisa Wallace wrote:

I am trying to figure out if I should purchase train tickets now or later.


I am balancing my need to plan ahead versus my fears of flight delays.


It appears there are many trains that go from London to York throughout the day.


You might not know the answer to this question, however, I shall ask it anyway.


Do you think it is best to purchase in advance and take the risk of a flight issue. Or just wing it on the day of.


Personally, I may just throw caution to the wind.


M

No comments: