I bought a Let's Go guidebook this past weekend and will be conducting some research.
Meanwhile, I know that I'd like to see:
Mary King's Close
I think also seeing the castle would be a must.
Maybe we'll get some good tips from Kate Ryan or Michelle Doull.
Monday, October 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Meanwhile, for those interested, we have our room booked at the Premier London County Hall.
And this brings me to the following question: do we think it's wise to get all the various train tickets we'll need in advance? I was looking over the British Rail website and it advises travelers to get tickets as early as possible...
I asked Sarah about that. She said that you may be able to get a discount if you purchase in advance, but that was probably the only real advantage to buying early. I was concerned about balancing flights and freedom with commitment. However, it might be good to buy certain tickets in advance and not others.
Yes, I agree. Perhaps we should purchase advance tickets from London to York and Edinburgh to London and then "wing" York to Edinburgh?
Also, we were looking at a few of the very cool ghost tours available in Edinburgh, including the one you link to... and many of them recommend booking in advance. Perhaps we could decide on one before we leave and book it? Let's discuss...
Yeah. It makes sense to buy some in advance and some at the time.
I'm thinking more. Maybe we as a coordinated group should pick a train and buy York to Edinburgh and Edinburgh to London in advance. If we want to be on the same trains.
Post a Comment