Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Holiday Recipe - Chocolate Kalhua Cake

So, folks have been asking for some of my holiday recipes. And I will post them here for lack of a better spot. Guests to this blog can also enjoy our previous posts about travel planning.

Chocolate Kalhua Cake
1 Chocolate Cake mix (I like ones that promise super moisture)
4 Eggs
8 ounce container of sour cream
Kalhua
Vegetable Oil

Take Cake Mix and follow only part of their recipe.

Use their recommended amount of vegetable oil.

Use 4 eggs rather than what they recommend, unless they recommend 4 eggs.

Add sour cream.

Instead of water, reconsitute with that same amount of Kalhua.

Mix according to directions.

Bake according to bundt pan directions.

Glaze:
6 ounces Chocolate Chips
2 Tbsp butter
Splash of milk
Splash of Kalhua

Carefully melt chocolate and butter. Add milk until you get a thick glaze. Add splash of Kalhua. I only add this extra splash when I don't expect kids to be eating the cake. Because this alcohol has no chance of baking off at all.

No comments: