Here's the email I got back from Tobias today.
******************************
Hi Marisa,
Thanks for your email.
Nice to hear from you again!
Yes, the 7th of November is still fine.
Of course we can also help with the pick up from the Northern Light Inn.
For more than 8 snorkeling/diving participants we need to use 2 cars, which means that the pick up/return cost ISK 15.000,- per car extra.
Maybe other people want to come along just for the ride. If so, we would need to know how many, so we have enough seats.
The regular price for the snorkeling tour is ISK 14.990,- per person. If you are a group of 8 participants or more, we can give you a 15% discount making it 12.700,- per snorkeler.
Derek will get the tour free as a birthday present from us.
Please let me know if you have further questions.
I look forward to meeting you again.
Best
Tobias
********************************
So, I'm going to outline the real per/person costs here.
The cost per person for the dive is $134.50. We get a discount due to the size of the party, if the number of people snorking goes down, then the per person price will likely increase to $159.
The cost of transport if we need 1 car is $18 but if we need two cars, it's $38. The reason they charge for transport is because they have to come from Reykjavik to get us and gas is expensive.
So, no matter how you do the math, expect to spend around $173 for this expedition. If our numbers are low because not as many people decide to snorkle, we lose the discount but the transport costs are less. If we stay large, then we get the discount but the tranportation costs rise.
I'll post more tomorrow about the Birthday Dinner. I still haven't heard yet from the tour bus operators.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment