Here's the list of unusual items.
2 bathing suits. Good to have one dry one always available.
Bathrobe. This time I'm going to take a Chinese silk bathrobe for the wandering around the Blue Lagoon bar times.
Slippers. The hotel has cozy in floor heating and sometimes you want to go to dinner in your slippers.
Waterproof camera set up. The disposable waterproof cameras are an inexpensive way to have some fun. We've purchased a waterproof bag for our cameras.
Decaf coffee. I can't drink caffeinated coffees due to stomach issues. The NLI doesn't carry decaf, so I pack some instant decaf packets.
Empty stainless steel thermoses - Derek wants to bring back some Silfra Cathedral water to use as ice cubes for "those special glasses of Scotch."
Extra memory cards - I bought a couple of extra cards so we'll be sure to have plenty of photos.
Also, Derek will be packing his tux and I'll pack my black cocktail dress. Janice's birthday dinner will be a little formal, but if you don't want to dress for dinner, that's fine. Just want to give folks the heads up so that they can choose rather than being surprised.
When we arrive at Keflavik Airport, Derek is going to buy some Duty Free Spirits for the After Dinner Good Times and Mingling in the rooms. You may want to do this as well. There is a large Duty Free shop in the area where you pick up the luggage. Even though you can buy drinks at the hotel, there is no "Bar" per se.
You may also want to buy a few "Room Snacks" at the airport, cookies, chips, salted cod snacky snacks. No room service or mini-bars at the NLI. But their breakfasts and dinners are second to none. You can drink the tap water, but you might want a bottled water to get started with and then refill the bottle as the days progress.
Things not to pack: Umbrellas and sunscreen.
One final thought about packing. Most of the time when I travel, I'm not going to isolated places. What I mean by this is I go to places where if I forget to pack a razor or my toothbrush or anything, I can easily get one. The Northern Light Inn is isolated. There are no stores within walking distance. This isn't something to really worry about. But it would be a good idea to pay a little more attention than usual to your packing. If you forget something, it's harder to find it.
4 comments:
One quick question regarding items to bring: ya'll wanted me to have $250 USD in cold hard CASH available for the Snorkeling Adventure. I can't recall but does that include Tamara's price of admission...?
And I'm doing everything in my power to get a replacement PowerShot digital camera in time for our departure on Friday. Canon discontinued the brilliant "G9" series, so I may have to get the "G10"...
140 to snorkle
70 to be a passenger
50 towards the transportation fee
$260.00 USD
I'm so happy! I want the next few weeks to go in slow motion!
Time will go in slo-mo on the plane.
Post a Comment