Dear Marisa,
I know there are not good news coming from Iceland at this moment. Our banks have problems, and the government had to make new laws that allows them them to take over the control in the bank. We still do not know what will happen but we hope this will not last long. The banks are open and we can pay our bills and take out money.
So far so good everything is working like normal with us and I do not expect anything else. It is very expensive to buy Icelandic Krona outside of Iceland so you should not buy some in UK. I would just use my credit card (Visa and MasterCard are accepted in Iceland) if I where you and there are all over cash machines where you can take out cash if you need in Iceland. The UK pound is very strong at the moment so hopefully it will be very good for you.
I am looking forward seeing you soon in Iceland and hope you will have a wonderful time with us.
Until then all the best and kind regards,
Kristjana.
*************************
I thanked her and clarified our country of origin.
I still will get some Krona in advance, just to make the first moments a little easier.
I hope this reassures those of you with questions/concerns.
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment