Iceland's Economic Collapse is Your Gain
On another topic, people have been asking me what to pack. I'm going to assume that people have been away on a vacation before and know to pack such items as underwear, toothbrushes, a regular camera.
Here are a few of the things that I am going to take with me that are more specific to this trip.
1) Winter Coat
2) Gloves/mittens/scarf/hat
3) Bathing Suits
4) Long Underwear
5) Heavy Socks
6) Hair Conditioner
7) Waterproof Cameras
8) Cocktail Dress for the Birthday Party (it's not required to be formal, but I am the hostess. Derek will be in a dress shirt and tie, but probably jeans as well.)
9) Around $50-$100 in Icelandic Krona
10) $140 in American dollars for Tobias per person for snorkling
11) Slippers or casual shoes for trotting around the inn.
12) Two 1 liter stainless steel thermoses for transporting Silfra Cathedral waters for later use as ice cubes in scotch.
13) Lotion for dry skin
14) Lip balm
15) Airborne Formula (I know it's just a placebo, but it probably can't hurt.)
Things I am not taking:
1) Summer clothes
2) Sandals/flip flops
3) Suntan Lotion
I also try to leave some extra space in the luggage heading over so I can fill it with souvenirs for the return.
And I will be checking luggage. I want to be able to take a large supply of hair conditioner. In addition, those two stainless steel thermoses would look a little suspicious carried on.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment