Thursday, October 16, 2008

Tobias Needs Cash

Got an email from Tobias in response to my sending him the heights and weights of Team Snorkle.

This is his response. The upshot. He'd love it if we can pay in dollars rather than krona. So, $140/person, cash on the barrel to have on hand.

*******
Hi Marisa,

Thanks for your email and the information about the sizes.

It’s ok that there are only 6 snorkelers. I will give you the same price.

However, you have probably heard about the financial crisis here in Iceland and about the drastic drop of the Icelandic crown in comparison to all other currencies.

This means that I have to take the conversion rate of the price of ISK 12.700,- of the date when I made you the offer, which was the 23rd of September.

This converts to $140,- per person or EURO 96,- per person. It would actually be fantastic if you could manage to pay in cash Dollars or EURO, since we have a hard time getting foreign currency here at the moment.

I look forward to the tour with you.

Kind regards,

Tobias

No comments: